On 5 February 2012 Paul Connolly led us an a nine mile walk from Harold Wood Station in Essex. Overnight snow did not impede train departure and five of us caught the 9 50 train from Liverpool Street to meet Paul at Harold Wood.  I had my Samsung camera with me, a treasured souvenir of our walking holiday in Kerry in September 2011 and, with smaller format photographs below, Alison obliged with excellent photographs taken with her mobile phone.


The deserted Harold Wood station was wrapped in snow.





After a short bus ride we were soon out in the countryside around Harold Wood (me at the back with my Lake District breeches and my Private Ryan rucksack!!)





After a brisk walk across the local park we arrived at a bus stop which provided a suitable stopping point to adjust walking polls and take some photographs of the snow covered trees.






I'm afraid I do not have the composition skills of our more regular photographer, Sheila, but one of my walking companions spotted the opportunity of this photograph of pigeons who oversaw our activities from their perches in the nearby tree



Then onward through snow covered fields some of which had not been walked on since the snowfall



While I was delayed by problems with my camera the ramblers had gone some way ahead by the time I took the shot above but Alison's shot from the same position below was taken a bit earlier








This shot of a Church taken by Alison near the lunch stop would also make a nice Christmas card scene



As we turned left at one point the path ahead was marked by this picturesque gateway, which would look nice on a Christmas card








And so to lunch at the welcoming Orange Tree in Havering Atte Bower



And then some more walking through snow clad woodlands in which we saw, but unfortunately did not photograph, several man sized snowmen and one snow woman with a snow cat at her feet!!














Local people taking part in some snow games in Central Park, Hainault



Having walked across Central Park in Hainault we got a bus to Romford and then a comfortable train back to Liverpool Street.